Man rescued after fire at Sheffield industrial estate

A man was rescued from a burning building after a fire in Sheffield this morning.

The man had been trapped in an office room on Shepcote Lane after a large industrial oven caught fire in the industrial premises below and spread quickly onto nearby pallets.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said teamwork between control room staff and fire crews at was vital in getting the man out safely.

Control room staff specified exactly where the man was in the building and gave him fire survival guidance, relaying that information to the crews on the ground so they could get to him as quickly and safely as possible.

After being rescued from the building the man was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.